Steps Expert Pool Maintenance Professionals Take to Keep Swimming Pools Usable
Your swimming pool is a significant investment, so you want to ensure it lasts for years. That's why it's essential to have a regular maintenance routine to keep it in tip-top shape. But what does that entail?
This blog post will outline some of the most important steps to take when getting your pool ready for summer.
1. Test the water chemistry. The first step in preparing your pool for summer is to test the water chemistry and adjust it as necessary. This includes testing the pH levels, chlorine levels, and alkalinity levels. You can use a test kit or take a sample of your pool water to a local pool supply store for testing.
2. Clean the filter cartridge. The filter cartridge is responsible for trapping dirt and debris that can clog the pump and cause other problems. It's important to clean the filter cartridge regularly, and doing so before summer will help ensure your pump stays in good working condition all season long.
3. Remove any debris from the pool. After you've tested the water and cleaned the filter cartridge, it's time to remove any debris that may have accumulated in the pool over the winter months. This includes leaves, twigs, and other organic materials that may have blown into the pool. You can use a net or leaf skimmer to remove these items from the water’s surface.
4. Shock the pool. Shocking the pool involves adding large amounts of chlorine to kill bacteria and other contaminants. This is essential in preparing your pool for summer because it will help keep the water clean and safe for swimming.
5. Vacuum the bottom of the pool. Once you've shocked the pool, you'll need to vacuum up all the debris that has settled at the bottom of the pool over time. This step is important because it will help prevent algae growth and keep your pool looking its best all season long.
Following these simple steps, you can prepare your pool for summer in no time! With a bit of preparation, you can enjoy a clean and safe swimming experience all season long!
To learn more, consult with the professionals at Aquamarine Pools.